The retail market has changed the last few years shapping the way retailers and marketing actors are selling and the way shoppers are buying.
We can point out few retail trends at the origin of this new interaction model between buyers and vendors:
- Consumer confidence levels remain relatively high and stable over the years
- E-commerce has strengthened competition between brands, products and prices. New consumption patterns have emerged.
- Despite a sharp growth in online shopping, the majority of retail sales happen in physical stores
- The busiest hight streets attract big international retailers searching for anchor stores in core locations
- High rents in the major cities such as Brussels and Antwerp and risk aversion from small retailers lead to some vacancy even in the top spots
Pop-up stores and storefront advertising prevailed as a creative and flexible solution to rising retail empty spaces and new shopping experience standards.
Pop Media is the retail expert and pop-up specialist making the synergies between brands and property owners possible.